Tucked away in a tranquil meadow amongst the apple orchards and leafy woodland in the heart of cider country in rural Herefordshire, our yurt offers a little corner of England to escape the fast pace of everyday life on a wonderful yurt holiday. Set within 10 acres on our smallholding just outside Ledbury, the Yurt is tucked away in its very own Buttercup meadow with views over the rolling countryside.
Adjacent to 200 acres of ancient woodland, your closest neighbours will be the deer, foxes and rabbits going about their daily lives, with the occasional hedgehog sighting!
Buttercup Meadow Yurt can sleep up to five people with a double bed, two single beds and a futon. There are plenty of blankets and thick rugs, complimented by a hotch potch of furniture to provide you with a really cosy alternative to camping. For cooler autumn evenings, the wood burner in the yurt and the campfire provide the perfect setting for a game of cards over a glass of wine.
Wake in the morning to a hot shower (and a flushing loo!) and make yourself a fresh cup of tea or coffee, or full cooked breakfast, in your own kitchen to set you up for a day of exploring the local area.
The pretty market town of Ledbury and the historic cathedral cities of Hereford, Worcester and Gloucester all provide the opportunity for a gentle stroll around the shops, and for the more adventurous there are walks and cycle routes aplenty with perhaps a spot of lunch at the local pubs and village inns. A little further afield are the rolling Malvern Hills, the dramatic Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons and the River Wye providing an alternative way of exploring the local countryside as you canoe downstream to the famous Symonds Yat gorge and Goodrich castle.
As the sun sets you can cook up a feast in the kitchen and enjoy supper safari style on the decked dining area overlooking the meadow or for a more rustic experience perhaps perch on logs around the camp fire, toasting marshmallows under the stars. Buttercup meadow is perfect for a romantic getaway, family adventure or a long weekend for a group of friends looking for a luxury camping holiday.
We really do think this is a special place and we hope you will too.
Available for weekend breaks or longer stays from April to October
Rates - £75 to £100 per night.
Please contact us for a tailored quote.
The yurt is entirely open plan, providing a Double Bed, 2 x single beds and a futon (only really suitable for a child or a small adult). In the centre of the yurt is a wood burner for chilly evenings, in addition to a chest of drawers, bedside tables with low energy lamps, easy chairs and a chalk board for jotting notes or drawing the resident wildlife!
Just a few steps from the yurt is a kitchen providing an electric oven (with a four hob gas burner), fridge freezer, kettle, toaster and various bits and bobs you might need for your stay such as crockery, glasses, pans cooking utensils etc.
Adjoining the kitchen is a small shower room providing a shower and a flushing loo!
What to Bring
- A good torch
- Wellies or crocs (even in summer!!)
- Slippers or soft shoes for inside the yurt
- Sheets, duvet covers (or sleeping bags) and pillow cases for the single beds
- Charcoal for the Barbeque
- Phone charger, books and favourite toys for the children
- A hot water bottle (it can be chilly in the yurt at night)
- A sense of adventure
- In addition to the Co-op and Tesco supermarkets, Ledbury is lucky to have 4 independent butchers and 2 greengrocers. Within 5 minutes drive is an excellent Farm shop - "The Nest" at Little Verzons which serves fruit and veg, very good picnic bits (they are famed for their scotch eggs!) and even has a outdoor milkshake bar.
- Waitrose, Sainsbury and Tesco will all deliver your online shopping and should it arrive before you do, we are happy to put away your chilled goods.
- We provide an initial supply of essentials such as washing up liquid, tea, coffee, sugar, loo rolls etc, but ask you to replenish them for our next guests.